logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --no-poi-address option handling broken

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Dec 12 21:42:12 GMT 2012

On 12/12/12 09:29, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the --no-poi-address mkgmap option doesn't work anymore:
>
> Invalid option: 'poi-address'
>
> I assume this is the outcome of the changes in r2386.

Yes, I was wondering if anyone would notice!

So what does this option do?  Nick's reason why --no-poi-address was
needed is to avoid park benches etc getting addresses and appearing in
the index.

If that is case, then it seems to me that the bug is that park benches
get addresses (with some option perhaps) and as a work around you turn
off all POI addresses. As far as I can tell all the real POI addresses
are removed too?

..Steve