logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] another fun US address case

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Dec 12 21:36:22 GMT 2012

On 12/12/12 00:46, Richard Welty wrote:
> 6 Empire State Plaza
> Albany, NY 12228-0330
>
> this is the real mailing address for the motor vehicle department, and
> the Empire State Plaza is
> not a street, it's a (rather large) building complex.

Not every postal address is a street address, so if it isn't a street
address then that is all there is to it. I suppose it looks like it
should be, but it is more like 'Unit 6, Golden Towers Mall', which you
would never confuse with being a street address.

> not sure how this might be handled in the garmin...

If there were a POI for the motor vehicle department then it could have
its real address attached to it, I don't think there is a problem there
as POI addresses can be much more free form.

..Steve