logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Options

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Mon Dec 10 12:34:51 GMT 2012

Am 10.12.2012 12:32, schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:
> Thanks for the explanation, If there is no option that is clearly
> superior in all cases, then there is no problem in having more than
> one, it just falls to documentation to explain which one to use in
> which case.
>
> What sub-options to generate-sea does everyone use? Are the defaults
> most likely to result in an un-flooded map or does it depend too much
> on which part of the world you are creating a map for?
I think it's independent of the part of the world. There are in general
two use-cases:

* actual coastline data -> --generate-sea=....

* proofed coastline data -> --precomp-sea=... --generate-sea

It should be possible to find a default for actual coastline-data. I've
never played with floodblocker, so I can't say, which values are best.

So maybe we could have --generate-sea-precomp=<file-name> and
--generate-sea-actual

Henning