logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r254

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 9 17:15:18 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've committed r254. Changes to r252:
- write polygon file area.poly with the shape of the calculated tiles. The
content of this file
depends on the parameters resolution and max-nodes.
- try to trim tiles to the bounding polygon if a polygon file was given
- with --no-trim=false (the default), trim outer tiles without creating
gaps between tiles
- new debugging parameter stop-after allows to stop execution after a pass
was executed. Values "split", "gen-problem-list", and "handle-problem-list"
can be used, default is dist which means normal processing.
If you just want the area.list and area.poly, use --stop-after=split to stop
execution

In my eyes, this is a first release candidate, esp. I don't want to add more
new features.

I think there are now a few different ways to create tiles for e.g. France:
a) download france.osm.pbf from geofabrik and ...
a1) split it with default parameters (overlap=2000, keep-complete=false)
a2) split it with keep-complete=true
b) download planet.osm.pbf and split it with --keep-complete and
polygon-file=france.poly

a1) is the fastest, a2) is slower, but probably better, b) is much slower,
but may help if
you miss e.g. ferry lines going from france to Ireland