logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rendering nested relations

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Dec 7 14:49:46 GMT 2012

On 07/12/12 14:37, Minko wrote:
> Another test: I removed the option --preserve-element-order in my mkgmap options and it seems to render the relations fne now...
> Where is this option good for?

With the option it processes the elements in the order that they appear
in the input file.

Without it, they are processed in an arbitrary order. In this case you
are lucky as the arbitrary order happens to work for you. With a
different tile extract or after a few edits you may be unlucky again.

The reason that I think that preserve-element-order should always be on
is that it makes the output consistent.

..Steve