logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r250 - mkgmap memory consumption

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Dec 4 14:44:33 GMT 2012

Why does mkgmap (not mkgmap splitter!) need much more (~20% e.g. on
France osm.pbf geofabrik extract) RAM when working with tiles splitted
with 250 vs trunk splitter version (using keep-complete and overlap=0)?
I didn't try out intermediate versions though.
With 8GB Ram on the compiling machine, I needed to back down max-jobs=4
to max-jobs=2 in order to compile France without running out of memory
(java xmx 6800M).