logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address index question

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Dec 2 22:12:56 GMT 2012

On 02/12/12 00:41, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I don't understand if the index code is stable enough, but I thought
> that generally people should want this.   If that's off, though, it
> makes sense to default to off until such time as it's stable.

Oh I think it is stable enough.  Its just that I often run the index
step separately, but perhaps no-one else does.  It also uses enough
memory to be a problem for smaller machines I think, although I did
reduce the memory use a lot, so maybe it is not a problem.

Anyway I could be convinced to make --index the default, its just my
opinion.

..Steve