logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 30 00:53:44 GMT 2012

GerdP wrote

> Lambertus wrote
>> Great to see that a simple log can be so helpful. :)
>> Would be nice for splitter to be much faster with only a single pass on
>> a moderate pc (i.e. 8 gb ram), but I'm not complaining as it is...
>>
>> Running splitter r247 with the added logging parameters on my dev pc
>> now, will send the results tomorrow.
> Right now I don't even know if the result is correct. I think I will not
> need the log from r247 as I already know that it's wrong.
>
> Gerd

The results were ok, only runtime and memory usage was too high in your
case.
r250 corrects this.

If you want to provide new logs, please run this version with
java -agentlib:hprof=cpu=samples,depth=20 -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps +PrintGCDetails -Xmx6000m -jar splitter.jar ....
--max-areas=2048

This should result in max. 2 hours runtime.

If you want to compare with the previous results, try also with
--max-areas=255

Please send me the splitter log and the java.hprof .