logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r249

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Thu Nov 29 23:58:37 GMT 2012

Am 30.11.2012 00:47, schrieb GerdP:
> reg. no-trim: it is difficult to say what splitter should do if you don't
> specify a bounding polygon. Do we only care about holes that
> are enclosed by other tiles or do we also not want gaps between two
> tiles? The latter typically happens when you have some islands .
> The tiles with islands are not trimmed, but tiles between them may be
> trimmed. I guess this is also not wanted?
Hmm... it's hard to say. ;)
Maps looks nicer in MapSource&Co with --no-trim, if you generate sea. On
the other hand it could cause problems, because coastline-nodes aren't
counted and so a tile could get to big for mkgmap. Eg. if you generate a
map of Italy you may get hole coastline of  Adria. So in this case it
would be better not to extend the map like --no-trim did.

Henning