logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address index question

From Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net on Thu Nov 29 12:19:27 GMT 2012

On 11/29/12 6:47 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
> On 11/29/12 5:26 AM, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> | ah, i missed that. the change seems to have done it, address lookups in
>> | the nuvi now work.
>> Are you sure that made a difference? Although order matters it only
>> matters to options that affect how the following files are compiled.
>> Both --index and --gmapsupp are options that cause a file to be
>> created at the very end and so it does not matter where they are
>> placed.
>>
> as far as i can recall, moving the input file to the end was the only change
> i made to the arguments. but i could be wrong.

i went through my shell history, and found the before & after. i see two
other
differences in the command line; i added --location-autofill and i
indadvertantly
included --add-pois-to-areas twice. both are below. i can try to
reproduce this
with simplified arguments if you like.

richard

######## failed
java -jar ../mkgmap/mkgmap-r2379/mkgmap.jar capitaldistrict-2012-11-23.osm \
   --gmapsupp \
   --remove-short-arcs \
   --description="Emergency Response Map prototype" \
   --add-pois-to-areas \
   --route \
   --family-id=787 \
   --family-name="OSM ER 2012" \
   --country-abbr="US" \
   --country-name="United States" \
   --region-abbr="NY" \
   --region-name="New York" \
   --link-pois-to-ways \
   --road-name-pois \
   --adjust-turn-headings \
   --drive-on-right \
   --check-roundabouts \
   --check-roundabout-flares

######## succeeded
java -enableassertions \
   -Xmx2048m \
   -jar ~/Projets/mkgmap/mkgmap-r2379/mkgmap.jar \
   --gmapsupp \
   --remove-short-arcs \
   --description="Emergency Response Map prototype" \
   --add-pois-to-areas \
   --route \
   --family-id=787 \
   --family-name="OSM ER 2012" \