logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Nov 27 00:27:06 GMT 2012

Am 26.11.2012 21:08, schrieb Henning Scholland:
> Am 26.11.2012 20:44, schrieb GerdP:
>> Henning Scholland wrote
>>> --no-trim results in a coverage without gaps. Without no-trim you'll get
>>> gaps in regions without data. Especially in water regions.
>> OK, I understand. On the other hand, it gives the result that you want with
>> your dach example,
>> see attached kml files generated wth max-nodes=1200000.
>> hdach.zip <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5737724/hdach.zip>
>>
>> I think what we need is a special version of trimming. Let me think about
>> this ...
>>
>> Gerd
> Yes, then it works as it should be. Maybe your new algorithm is better
> as the older one.
But not at all. If there are larger spaces with no data, no-trim=false
will create "ugly" looking maps. As you can see here:
http://www.aighes.de/data/scandinavia.png world.kml was created out of
planet.osm with scandinavia.poly and no-trim=false

btw: Are there reasons to use overlap!= in combination with
--keep-complete? Otherwise overlap=0 should be default if
keep-complete=true.

Henning