logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 26 20:02:59 GMT 2012

GerdP wrote

> Henning Scholland wrote
>> --no-trim results in a coverage without gaps. Without no-trim you'll get
>> gaps in regions without data. Especially in water regions.
> OK, I understand. On the other hand, it gives the result that you want
> with your dach example,
> see attached kml files generated wth max-nodes=1200000.
> hdach.zip <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5737724/hdach.zip>
>
> I think what we need is a special version of trimming. Let me think about
> this ...
>
> Gerd

I think what we need with polygons it this:
- when setting the grid fields outside of the polygon to 0, splitter also
must make sure that no grid field inside the polygon is 0
- having done that, splitter can activate trimming

This is a simple change, the result is the splitter_auto_trim.kml in the
attached zip
hdach2.zip <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5737726/hdach2.zip>

To avoid holes, something similar could be done also if no polygon file is
given.
Wouldn't that be much better?