logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address index glitch?

From Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net on Sun Nov 25 15:08:50 GMT 2012

On 11/25/12 9:16 AM, WanMil wrote:
>> 2) As Steve pointed out there must be an algorithm that associates
>> housenumbers to nodes in roads. This sounds like a good point where you
>> could help. Do you have some ideas how to realize that?

so to get accurate delivery to a housenumber, we'll have to add nodes
when there is no suitable node already in place?

this suggests that interpreting address interpolations would be problematic.
i can't help but thing that there must be an interpolation scheme available,
as the old TIGER address based maps used the old TIGER interpolation data
to support addresses.

this isn't a deal breaker, as my aim is to import enhanced 911 address data
into OSM as ODBL compatible releases of the data are made by the various
GIS departments.

richard