logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address index question

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Sat Nov 24 15:07:41 GMT 2012

El 24/11/12 03:08, Richard Welty escribió:
> i'm shifting from a consumer of Dave Hansen's roll ups of the Lambertus
> maps to generating specific maps on my
> own with mkgmap. the first one i generated looks good, but i'm trying to
> sort out correct population of the
> address index.
>
> i downloaded an extract from osm via xapi, and ran mkgmap with these
> parameters:
>
> $ java -jar ../mkgmap/mkgmap-r2379/mkgmap.jar
> capitaldistrict-2012-11-23.osm  --index --gmapsupp

 From mkgmap help:
"Note that option order is significant:  An option only applies to
subsequent input files."
So you should put your *.osm file last in the mkgmap call
> i got a bunch of errors which look like complaints about malformed data
> in osm, which i'll go look at and
> clean up later (an example: SEVERE (RoadNetwork):
> capitaldistrict-2012-11-23.osm: Road (South Lake Avenue,
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/5579946) contains zero length
> arc at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=42.65485&mlon=-73.78075&zoom=17)

You can get rid of those errors using --remove-short-arcs
> i installed the map on my nuvi 255w. the map looks good, although i
> haven't gone out and tried to route
> with it yet. my main interest right now is getting a properly populated
> address index, and it doesn't seem to
> have one.
>
> i went back and reviewed the .osm file and verified that there are POIs
> in it with what appear to be properly
> populated addr: fields.
>
> are there any specific requirements for OSM data to get the address
> index populated properly?
> admin_boundary data perhaps? (this would be an issue in the US where
> address data doesn't usually
> match up well with admin_boundaries.)
You can use pre-compiled boundaries from [1] giving the --bounds option.
Also --location-autofill is useful for addresses to be populated. Have a
look at mkgmap options for more info about their use.

[1] http://www.navmaps.eu/index.php/developers/bound