logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flooded norway tile with latest splitter, OSM data correct?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Nov 21 14:22:28 GMT 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 01:27:33PM +0100, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>with the current splitter/mkgmap, I have a flooded tile in norway.
>The reason seems to be multipolygon 96565, "Randsforden".
>The mulitpolygon is complete, but it is tagged as "natural=coastline".
>But it is inside of Norway, so no real coastline in my opinion.
>
>I think this shouldn't be "natural=coastline" but "natural=water".
>My questions are only:
>- should this be changed? I think yes.

FWIW, whenever I encounter a natural=coastline that should not be so, I
will either add the polygon to a multipolygon relation and remove the
natural=coastline tag (so that only the multipolygon relation will carry
area-defining tags), or replace the natural=coastline with
natural=water.  I guess that some Potlatch users do not know the
difference between water and coastline.

>- why does this flood the tile?

The relation 96565 looks bogus to me. The name and natural=* tags should
be on the relation, not on the outer way. If the natural=coastline is on
the role=outer line (Randsfjorden (8758490)) then mkgmap is entitled to
flood the tile. :-)

	Marko