logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r239

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Nov 20 09:22:52 GMT 2012

Am 19.11.2012 23:53, schrieb flabot at googlemail.com:

>     You describe an algorithm that uses the result of mkgmap processing to
>     "optimize" the position or size
>     of the tiles. Can you describe more detailed what splitter should
>     do with
>     this information?
>
>     Gerd
>
> Mkgmap can Output a List of the size of Evelyn tile. In the next
> Splitter Run Splitter have the Output of mkgmap an an Areas.list.
> So there Splitter can Take the Old Areas.list with the mkgmap Output
> an perhaps the input-osm-Data and Fine-tune the area-List.
> But this should be an option in splitter.
I don't know if this is useful at all. Because you/splitter don't know
about dispersion of the nodes. For example take a two tiles who separate
Berlin in two parts. Both tiles would have capacity of some more nodes.
But if you enlarge the southern tile a little bit to north, you may get
problems.

Maybe it would be more helpful to output a list of percentage of used
nodes in a tile. So you now, that you can increase --max-nodes.

Henning