logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r236

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 17 10:51:50 GMT 2012

Hello Thorsten,

great!
Is it possible that you update the input files while splitter processes
them? I don't know
if that is possible, but maybe it could explain strange errors:
When splitter r236 reads a pbf file for the first time, it creates an index
(see blockTypeMap in main) of the blocks which tells splitter whether that
block contains nodes,ways, or relations. All later read passes use this list
to jump over blocks that are not needed. For each pass, the file is closed
and reopend.
Maybe another process is able to update the file in the time when it is
closed.
I'll try to find a test for this situation.

Gerd

Thorsten Kukuk wrote