logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Nov 14 16:30:34 GMT 2012

> I have another, more general, query: will the improvements currently
> being made to Splitter to handle problem polygons remove or reduce the
> need for pre-compiled sea (whose purpose seems to be to prevent flooding
> resulting from faulty coastlines) in mkgmap?
>
> Roger

It is still recommended to use the precompiled sea due to several reasons:
1. It is much faster
2. splitted files (also with the new splitter) have the chance of
flooding - espacially if you don't use a rectangular extract
3. It works also with sea tiles without any coastline
4. It has a reliable result - you will get the same results for all you
mkgmap runs

WanMil