logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter improvements

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 14 10:32:00 GMT 2012

Hi Uli,

thanks for the hint. I just found out that the error is in the problem-list-generator. It use the wrong test to detect whether a way is a problem candidate or not.
As a result, it adds far too many ways to the list.

Gerd

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:15:43 +0100
From: ulibaer at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] splitter improvements

I think the memory requirements are more dependent on the data than on the splitter version:
I have a self created data set consisting of germany + ~50 kilometers plus the data from iceland cut with osmconvert.exe from the europe.osm.pbf from geofabrik, which is processed without errors with versions 225, 229, 230 and 231 using 32-Bit-jvm with Xmx1376m. When i use the about the same sized 1.9 GB "germany+"-dataset from here: ( http://140.78.94.22/osm/ ) i can't get thru the data without java heap overflow, even with 64-Bit-jvm given Xmx3000m. I think there is some kind of endless loop or the like, which causes the algorithm to overflow the memory in some circumstances.

Anyway, good work until now! I'm eager to test further splitter versions don't requiring the giant overlap-values for routing.