logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Could not open style file

From Thomas Kaschel thomas.kaschel at googlemail.com on Tue Oct 30 15:24:26 GMT 2012

I used mkgmap on a Windows machine to create Garmin maps from OSM data.
In the future I want to run it on Ubuntu Linux. Unfortunately there is a
problem including style files. I'm using mkgmap r2349.

On Windows the parameters "--style-file=C:\Landkarten\mkgmap\
--style=thomas-style" worked well.

On Linux the parameters look like "--style-file=/mkgmap/
--style-file=thomas-style" and it doesn't work. Error messages as "could
not open style file thomas-style" and the following messages appear.

at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java:518)

I also tried to put the style files (lines, points ...) in a zip-file
but that doesn't solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Thank you.