logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] render closed waterway polygons?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Oct 28 21:43:30 GMT 2012

Hi,
Tested it on the whole Benelux and the results look quite good.
I have found some glitches with multipolygons however, but I dont know if it is related to the patch or an existing problem.

In my style file, I render only waterways.
Lines
waterway=river & natural!=water [0x18 resolution 16 continue]
waterway=canal & natural!=water [0x18 resolution 21 continue]
waterway=stream & natural!=water  [0x18 resolution 24 continue]
waterway=drain & natural!=water [0x18 resolution 24 continue]

Polygons
(waterway=canal | waterway=river)  & natural!=water   [0x13 resolution 14]
(waterway=drain | waterway=stream) & natural!=water   [0x15 resolution 14]

(resolution 14 and type 0x13 and 0x15 were chosen because they contrast
more to see the difference with the waterlines)

One example of a problem is caused where a way is part of a mp relation:

This part was filled up with water and the area is named "Kyll" after the river.
In the actual situation is a administrative district and only a small part is a boundary by the river.
In my test map I dont render boundary = administrative, is it a rule in mkgmap that it seeks one
of the outer members that is rendered (waterway=river?) and put it on the whole mp?