logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MDR_TRIM_ADDR.CXX error

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Oct 22 09:07:29 BST 2012

This error was caused in my syle file, where I handled place=locality the same as villages:

(place=locality | place=village) & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x0b00 resolution 21-20 continue]
(place=locality | place=village) & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x0600 resolution 22-22 continue]
(place=locality | place=village) & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x0400 resolution 23]

The strange thing is when I render locality the same as hamlets, there is no crash when Mapsource
tries to write an index.

(place=neighbourhood | place=hamlet | place=locality) & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x0b00 resolution 22-22 continue]
(place=neighbourhood | place=hamlet | place=locality) & mkgmap:area2poi!=true [0x0800 resolution 23]

I also downloaded the problematic tile, with only the nodes place=locality
http://www.overpass-api.de/api/xapi?node[bbox=-2.724609,41.835938,-1.142578,42.978516][place=locality][@meta]

Holy crap! This tile alone contains 23.537 nodes with place=locality!!

No wonder the index crashes, I better don't render this item at all or at least make it not findable in the index....

One question remains, why does this particular tile has an impact on the whole country set?
If I choose another tile (no matter where) and want to send to the GPS from Mapsource, it also crashes.