logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Clash of FIDs in tdb & typ files

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Oct 12 19:47:36 BST 2012

On 03/10/12 08:50, n Willink wrote:
> I've noticed that , when creating a gmapsupp, the FIDs of a tdb file as set
> by --family-id= does not necessarily tally with the FID of a TYP file - in
> which case the TYP file is ignored by any gps device.

I had always intended that mkgmap would be able to fix up the family
and product id when using a TYP file.

This is already done for a text typ file, the command line options
override whatever is in the text file.

Here attached is a patch that implements patching in the correct family and
product id's before adding to the gmapsupp.img.

I don't want to patch the original file directly, so a copy is made
beginning with the letter 'x' which is copied into the gmapsupp.
This file automatically gets used if you are creating a nsis windows
install file too.

> I haven't checked if the same applies to text files.

Yes, it always worked with a text file, and that is the
way I would recommend it be used if possible.

Pre-built jar at: http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/70

..Steve