logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with names of relations

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Mon Oct 1 20:22:18 BST 2012

On 01/10/2012 18:52, WanMil wrote:
> In your example the outer way is tagged with landuse=reservoir and
> natural=water. You want to have two polygons - one for the mp
> (natural=water) and one for the way (landuse=reservoir). Why do you
> need the two items? Doesn't natural=water and landuse=reservoir tag
> exactly the same thing?
Yes, I think they do the same thing (except that the default name is
either 'Lake' or 'Reservoir'). The original mapper put them both in, and
I don't usually change other people's tags without good reason. I did
delete one of them when I was experimenting to find where the name had
got lost, then put it back.

Roger

Roger Calvert