logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with names of relations

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Oct 1 18:52:00 BST 2012

> WanMil,
> Thanks for the explanation. It seems that this process is needed, at
> least in part, to make sense of incorrectly tagged data. There certainly
> will always be incorrectly tagged data, which programs such as mkgmap
> and renderers will have to interpret. But is there any way that the
> deleted tags could be retained in some form for access in the style
> files? Perhaps they could be re-named along the lines of
> 'deleted:name=High Dam' .

Certainly yes. But I don't see the requirement for it - it has some
drawbacks (memory requirement).
In your example the outer way is tagged with landuse=reservoir and
natural=water. You want to have two polygons - one for the mp
(natural=water) and one for the way (landuse=reservoir). Why do you need
the two items? Doesn't natural=water and landuse=reservoir tag exactly
the same thing?

WanMil