logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Still problems with lakes

From aighes osm at aighes.de on Thu Sep 20 09:45:34 BST 2012

Hi
do you thought about filtering by a given tag-list? Mainly there is
water- or forest-polygons causing visual problems. Buildings look mostly
corrupt because of lower precision of Garmin-coords.

About how much memory we are talking about for splitting a planet or
Europe or Germany? It would be great, if user could decide, if splitter
should filter polygons or not. Eg. if I would have a machine with 16gb
RAM it doesn't harm if splitter need more RAM to generate better maps.
Of course also it should be possible to split the planet with smaller
machines.

Henning