logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with huge polygon - vänern sea - sweden

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Sep 18 20:40:16 BST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 08:06:43AM -0700, toc-rox wrote:
>First of all thanks to Marko and Henning for providing their (manually
>created) areas.list files.

You're welcome.

There was some breakage in Lake Saimaa (Haukivesi) that I just fixed.
Someone had removed a large section of coastline. While fixing it, I
created some separate natural=bay polygons or multipolygons for bays. I
also improved the precision of some polygons, thanks to
higher-resolution Bing images that were recently made available.

I don't think that it is feasible to do precompiled waters, at least not
without some area filter (discard too small areas).

	Marko