logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Still problems with lakes

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Mon Sep 17 22:57:40 BST 2012

Would it be difficult to have precompiled water rather than sea?

It would save messing about with area files.

Regards, Geoff.

From: aighes
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 5:08 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Still problems with lakes

Am 17.09.2012 17:42, schrieb RheinSkipper:

  The problem still exists using the latest precompiled sea from Wanmil.

This is completely independent, because they only create sea, no lakes.

  Using one of my older areas.list Vänern is OK but Saimaa is not. Letting the splitter create its own areas.list Saimaa is OK but then southern Vänern is dried out.

You have to tweak your areas.list manually, so that the hole multipolygon is in one maptile. You could also take a look at my areas.list file (http://www.aighes.de/OSM/data/style.zip) (cc-by). It's in data-directory and starting with 1200. There are only two errors in Saimaa.

Henning