logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New clip box functionality for splitter

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Sun Sep 16 14:42:04 BST 2012

The more I consider this the more complicated it gets. If you take the
polygon for a wood selected in JOSM and highlighted in red in the JPG
attached. Discarding everything to the left of the light blue line would
leave three closed polygons for the wood. Highways are also another worry.
If a highway goes outside the clipping area and returns into the clipping
area, should the clip bounds be auto-adjusted to allow the whole highway to
be included??? How many times should a clip bound be extended before enough
is thought to be enough??? Or should the cut be brutal, along the lines the
user entered?

Now I have used osmconvert I doubt I could write anything that would work
faster within the splitter. So I guess I will have to think of a something
else as my first project.

Regards, Geoff.

On September 16, 2012 12:19 PM, Henning wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: aighes
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:19 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] New clip box functionality for splitter

I think using osmconvert/osmosis is the usual way and I have no problems
with it. To improve speed, you can cut a rectangular once out of a
larger extract, split it and create an areas.list-file. For secend time
(and each time after this) you use the larger extract and let splitter
cut all tiles via your created areas.list-file.

Henning