logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Issue with boundaries

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Sep 7 16:01:30 BST 2012

> Hi
>
> Why is the index option required? No reason that I can think of.
> The test that prevents the bounds being used when the index option
> is not set should just be removed in my opinion.
>
> ..Steve

You are right. It is not required. Anyhow it is very likely that a user
wants to create the index if the bounds option is set.

When setting bounds but not index one is able to use location specific
style rules (e.g. use country specific types for highway=motorway or
highway=residential).

At least a warning should be reasonable. But we don't have a good place
for warnings. The log system is rarely used and it must be configured to
show warnings. Stderr should printout errors only?!

WanMil