logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Issue with boundaries

From Maxim Düster maxc at gmx.de on Fri Sep 7 11:03:25 BST 2012

Hello to all,

I have problems using precompiled boundaries. It does not work to me. Do
I understand it right: if you have a directory "bounds" with boundaries
then mkgmap options "--location-autofill=bounds --bounds=bounds" should
set the style file variables mkgmap:admin_level2, mkgmap:admin_level4
and so on?
I've tried both generated by me and taken from navmaps.eu.  I don't have
any error messages or alike but It seems mkgmap cannot find the
boundaries and the variables mkgmap:admin_levelx are always empty.
What works for me is getting data from addr:xxx. But if I comment out
the corresponding rules (so that there are only mkgmap:admin_levelx
rules active) my elements don't get city and country set, for example.
The "bounds" directory is in my working directory where I compile maps.
The problem is not corrupt boundaries or similar. They are ok. Mainly I
work with my home town Bad Düben, Saxony, Germany. I've read a lot here
on the list but it doesn't really get me forward. I use last version of
mkgmap (r2328), but the former version did not work for me either. As
style I use the default shipped with mkgmap.
In one thread I saw a tip of WanMil to look at the log and search there
for strings like "N 617233095 ;;;;;;Bezirk
Innsbruck-Stadt;;Tirol;;AUT;;"  but I don't have in my log file such a
text or anything else related to LocationHook.
Probably I miss something very stupid but can't see it. Any advices are
very appreciated.

Maxim Düster