logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem transferring maps from Mapsource

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Fri Sep 7 07:33:59 BST 2012

Not quite Steve. It is happening as soon as I try and mark a map (error pops
up as soon as I remove my finger from the mouse button - and hangs
Mapsource), but just tried using r2328 marking just one tile and it still
fails. I have no further time at the moment, but I will check the other
revisions you mentioned tomorrow as I think you are probably onto something
with the index (had only tested none branch revisions previously).

You are correct when I said of the revisions tested, r2274 worked, r2316 was
the first I saw it fail. I had not checked other revisions bar the top 3
none branch as it worked with r2274.

Thanks, Geoff.

On September 06, 2012 11:55 PM Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Ratcliffe
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:55 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problem transferring maps from Mapsource

On 05/09/12 20:38, Geoff Sherlock wrote:
> Hhhmmm! Curiouser and curiouser.
>
> r2274 of mkgmap works fine.
>
> I have tried downloading 6.16.3 of Mapsource again. Reinstalled it, but it
> still failed to transfer maps with mkgmap r2316 - with the same error.
>
> I guess it is with my system if Henning is fine with a very similar
> system.
> I am not too worried about it (i.e. low priority); as I can generate maps
> from Mapsource with r2274. Just means I can't use pre-compiled sea
> polygons.

There have been problems that only show when you select particular
map tiles before. You could select any one tile and it would work,
whereas selecting two or three might work or not depending on which
tiles you picked. Is that is what is happening?

I would guess that it is a problem with the index and the changes that
affected the index in the version range you mention are: 2169 2176,
2210 and 2306.

So far you have the latest version that works is 2274 and the earliest
version that fails is 2316 - is that right? If you have time to try
more then r2210 and r2306 would be good ones to try.

Best wishes
..Steve