logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem transferring maps from Mapsource

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed Sep 5 19:12:46 BST 2012

  I don’t know if this has been raised before as I am new to the list,
  but when I try the latest version of mkgmap (r2328) with the latest
  version of Mapsource (6.16.3) I am unable to transfer maps to a device
  from Mapsource. I am using Windows 7 service pack 1, 64 bit. If I
  overwrite with an older version of mkgmap (r2168) I no longer have the
  problem. I have tried the older version R2316 and got the same
  problem.

I have been seeing a similar error with mapinstall (on a mac).  I have
been building maps, installing them (mapmanager?), viewing with
basecamp, and sending to device (including selecting tiles from osm,
topo_nx, and others for one img file).  But sometime in the last few
months, I started getting errors where mapinstall wouldn't let me select
tiles from osm and said there was a problem.  I haven't figured this
out.