logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bridges over tidal water

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Thu Aug 30 10:09:26 BST 2012

WanMil,

Thanks for the advice. The pre-compiled sea (replacing generate-sea and
coastlinefile) has cleared up the flooding I was getting.

As for the bridges - no, there is nothing special about them. The
relevant tags are "railway=rail, bridge=viaduct, layer=1".

Further investigation seems to show this is a Mapsource draw order
problem. The bridges come and go at different zoom levels, and sometimes
one disappears while another on the same screen remains. But all is well
on my GPSMap 60CSx, so no worries.

Thanks for the help.

Roger

On 29/08/2012 08:36, WanMil wrote:
>> I am using a separate coastline file to avoid local flooding problems,
>> but I find that bridges over tidal water disappear in Mapsource. Without
>> the coastline file, they are fine. Can anybody suggest a remedy, please?
>>
>> Roger
> Hi Roger,
>
> do you know if there is anything special with bridges over tidal water?
> Are there any special tags for them?
>
> Anyhow I strongly propose to use the precompiled sea feature which is
> available since mkgmap r2307. This compiles much quicker than the
> previous methods and the results regarding flooding problems are much
> better.
> You can enable it using the parameter
> precomp-sea=<directory with precompiled sea tiles>
> instead of the generate-sea parameter.
> You can download the sea tiles from
> http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/sea_20120614.zip.
>
> WanMil