logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style: Loch Ness disappears

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Aug 28 14:45:51 BST 2012

>> The rule for natural=water is included from the waters style but it
>> seems to be ordered after the rules of the default style. I guess
>> included styles are processed last?
>
> Yes, they are processed last.  This makes sense often, since the earlier rule matches when there are two
> with the same expression. In other cases such as this one it doesn't work. I don't think there is any way to
> improve this, if things were different, other cases would be confusing instead.

Ok, I understand. It makes sense how it is implemented although in some
cases it is not very intuitive. But there would be also some non
intuitive cases if the other style is processed last.
So this type of inclusion is implemented well but does not hit all needs.

> I've agreed that an inclusion mechanism would be useful, I should have time to work on it tomorrow, and I have
> some idea how I would implement it.

Great!

WanMil