logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mp/hh / km/h m or other units in maxspeed or distance keys

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Aug 28 09:36:59 BST 2012

Well it's quite a long time, there has been no discussion about this,
however it's more and more common to put the unit into the main key.
Could mkgmap do a clean up on this?

It would be great if mkgmap could do the following:
Remove any non numeric keys (and not "." or "," )  and place them into a
new key called mkgmap:unit=....
Do this for maxspeed, distance, height, width (propose other keys I may
have missed).

As I'm sure this would take quite some time, it should be an option, and
there should be a style-file called units_removed where you can specify
the keys for which mkgmap should do this.

Of course an implementation of automatically translating mp/h to km/h
and other things would be great to have too, but the above is IMHO first
of main importance. The problem is simply that commands like maxspeed>50
or distance<10 don't work otherwise.

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org