logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem creating index

From Hakim DWAIK hakim.dwaik at gmail.com on Fri Aug 17 05:38:47 BST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to compile a garmin map for an eTrex 30 device using the set of
utilities (osmconvert, osmfilter and of course mkgmap r2314)

I have some difficulties obtaining an index of all the cities for exemple
and after a week of research i decide to post a request on this mailing
list.

My osm file is cointaining arabian names for most of the poi names and i
want to display them on the gps device. I also want those names in the

If you needed me to display each steps of my work, i can do it.

I have also compressed my osm and it is 12meg large now and can be send by
mail.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hakim