logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2314: Ignore access=permissive|designated|official just like access=yes.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Aug 16 11:01:20 BST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:08:01AM +0200, aighes wrote:
>Won't it be better to leave this part completely in style-file? mkgmap
>just looks to mkgmap:access=yes|no and some other mkgmap:*=yes|no (which
>are understood) and in which case someone set one of this parameter is
>completely in style-file.
>
>Advantage would be, that stlye-creator can set access, as he would like
>to and is not surprised/confused about changes made by mkgmap afterwards.

That advantage would still exist. What I am proposing is:

(1) style file can set or delete access/motorcar/foot/bicycle/whatever tags
(2) mkgmap core will map the following access tag values:
   no,private,destination => no, yes,permissive,official,designated = yes

I am not entirely sure about the 'destination'; this is something I
understood between the lines in the recent discussions.

The mapping of the values in the mkgmap core would allow the style file
to be simple.

But, the style file could still do some mapping on its own. Here are
some examples. They are not very sensible, but I hope you got the idea.
I guess you would only have one of these in the style file:

foot=private|foot=destination { delete foot; }
foot=private|foot=destination { set foot=yes; }
foot=official { set foot=no; }

The mkgmap core would see the foot=* values after this mapping, so you
could override the internal mapping.

	Marko