logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug - mkgmap distance to insert additional points on straight lines too long

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Aug 15 11:00:21 BST 2012

As I observed later, it only happened to play havoc, once some lines,
that basecamp didn't expect to be routable, contained routing
information (while Mapsource 6.13 to 6.16 or Basecamp v2 didn't mind at
all) - then once straight lines with a connection to a non supposed
object, started to crash, while most things still worked without
problems. I therefore would like to eliminate lines without nodes for
distances over ~800m, because I assume, that Basecamp expects nodes. I
think this could for example improver routing over several tiles - which
mkgmap created maps still don't properly do (the routing algos try never
to go back into a tile, it left if possible - you can notice this if you
make artificially small tiles, and than observe pretty different
routes). I would hope, that this could improve intertilerouting therefore.
On 15.08.2012 10:20, Minko wrote:
> I don't understand this issue, I can route from Hoek van Holland, NL to Harwich without any problems, even in BC 3.3.3.
> It contains a straight ferry line with some nodes more than 800 m apart.

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org