logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=permissive question

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Aug 7 18:43:27 BST 2012

If I look in the wiki,
access = yes only means "the public has an official, legally-enshrined right of access, i.e. it's a right of way"
So there is no rule that says all vehicles may use this way. This is set by the highway tag, in this case footway.
So only pedestrians may use the way and I don't think this access rule stands above the highway rule.

In my opinion access=yes or access=permissive should be removed
since it leads to misinterpretation and allows all traffic on those footways.

In my styles I will delete them at the beginning of the lines style:

access=yes | access=permissive | access=official {delete access}