logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=permissive question

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Aug 7 17:06:51 BST 2012

Thanks Chris,
But does highway=footway not automatically imply foot=permissive?

I think mappers tag this and other roads with access=permissive to indicate that this road is open for public and not private.
Because access is already set, mkgmap cannot set it to access=no in case of this footway and thus allow all traffic.
If all traffic is allowed it is not a footway. So I think mkgmap can better delete or ignore access=yes/permissive tags because they are irrelevant to avoiid inconsequent tagging by mappers.