logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] _link roads speed limit needs increasing

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Sun Aug 5 13:25:00 BST 2012

The ramps connect a secondary to a trunk. Hence, I'd tag them as
trunk_link, not secondary_link. That could result in correct routing.
But in the Bing images, the "dirt track" looks more like a residential,
which could contribute a
contrary effect.
Since the ramps are very long in that special case, setting a speed
limit explicitly might also help.
Maybe the Garmin device did not reognize that U-turn correctly, or the
"penalty" for a U-turn is to small. Which tags are required that a
U-turn is recognized as a U-turn?
Kind regards,
Bernhard