logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search for Rostock doesn't work

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jul 29 16:17:11 BST 2012

> Thanks to Thorsten for the valuable hint ...
>
> This quick-and-dirty solution solves the problem:
>

> An alternative solution could be this ("admin_level 7" will completely be
> ignored):
>
> In germany "admin_level 7" is used for special or artificial administration
> regions.
> Mostly they are called "Ämter", "Verbandsgemeinden" or
> "Verwaltungsgemeinschaften".
> People typically don't use these objects as starting point for an address
> search.
> But this solution needs some more quality assurance ...
> I want to verify the "address index" against an official german register
> (called AGS "Amtlicher Gemeindeschlüssel").
>
> Question: How is it possible to print out the content of the address index
> (mdr file) ?
>
> Regards Klaus

Hi Klaus,

do you want to print out the mdr file or do you want to print out the
address assignment?
If you just want to have a printout in which admin boundaries an element
lies you can use the mkgmap logger. Add the line
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.LocationHook.results.level=FINE
to your logging.properties file. Read
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging how to
enable logging.

WanMil