logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] My involvement in mkgmap and the default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jul 24 20:36:07 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 09:18:08PM +0200, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
>I just build map of Finland without usinng any TYP file and style-files
>and comparing it to my map build with custom TYP file and styles files.

>I am using qlandkartegt for comparing, but default map looks very
>different in qlandkarte then in my Garmin.
>Probably because I need TYP file in same dir fo qlandkartegt shows map
>corectly.
>How can I get default TYP file?

Long time ago, I got the impression from Extremecarver that each Garmin
unit can have a different built-in "TYP file", which is used when no TYP
file is included in the map-set. My experience is limited to the Edge
705 and the GPSMap 60CSx. I do not care that much about the map
presentation, because I rarely go off-road. POI search is more important
to me.

>Let me know if this testing is helpful or I should test different way.

Well, I think it could be useful to introduce a TYP file that goes with
the default style. What do you think?

	Marko