logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] My involvement in mkgmap and the default style

From Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at seznam.cz on Mon Jul 23 20:18:08 BST 2012

> Od:  <rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de>

> > There haven't been complaints on the list so the
> > default style seems to be ok ;-)
> >

> No, the default marine style needs some work. Have a look at openseamap.org and
> search for Mainz. Here are lots of new IENC features like the fairway and many
> types of buoys and signs. Most of them are missing in the marine default style.
> Only the lateral buoys and the yellow ones are rendered on the Garmin map.

Hi Marko/others,

I am just search easiest and most efficient way how to build map for my outdoor activities.
Using default style would be great way.
I just build map of Finland without usinng any TYP file and style-files and comparing it to my map build with custom
TYP file and styles files.
I am using qlandkartegt for comparing, but default map looks very different in qlandkarte then in my Garmin.
Probably because I need TYP file in same dir fo qlandkartegt shows map corectly.
How can I get default TYP file?

1) There is just general forest(50)
Suggestion:
forest coniferous
forest deciduous
forest mixed
forest general ... when tag for type of forest is missing.

2) Trail (16)  grey line is not very visible on any background

3) Some important symbols are missing.
e.g.

amenity=quelle
natural=quelle
natural=spring
amenity=spring

alpine_hut
wilderness_hut
basic_hut
lean_to

viewpoint
cave

piste
chairlift
t-bar lift

lighthouse

Just very brief check probably more things are missing.

Let me know if this testing is helpful or I should test different way.

regards

mira