logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Jul 14 11:02:53 BST 2012

> On 07/08/2012 10:37 PM, WanMil wrote:
> AU
>> first of all you should have a look at the error messages in the mkgmap
>> log file. To get a logfile you have to configure the logging system as
>> described in
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging
>
> Thanks, now I could start debugging this.
>
> It seems that the problem is this line in my config;
>
> name-tag-list="name:de,int_name,name:en,name"
>
> Without it everything looks good.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Originally I had
> "name-tag-list="name:mkgmap,name:de,int_name,name:en,name", and the
> name:mkgmap was set in the style like this;
> aerialway=* & is_in ~ '.*(Deutschland|Germany|Österreich|Austria).*'
> {add name:mkgmap = '${name}'}

I propose to use the following rule after the country assignment:
arialway=* & mkgmap:country ~ '(DEU|AUT|CHE)' ...
The is_in tag is not very reliable.

> This was meant to prefer "name" to "int_name" for elements in
> german-speaking countries and in non.german-speaking countries prefer
> the "int_name". But it doesn't matter which of the "name-tag-list" lines
> I use, it breaks the index.

Please be a bit more specific. What do you mean with "it breaks the
index" and "is working" or "is not working". Please post your complete
style files, your option file and your mkgmap call. If possible give a
concrete example, e.g. a specific POI and/or a specific street and write
what you see and what you expect.
Otherwise I fear that there will be some misunderstandings what you mean.

Thanks
WanMil

P.S.: I am busy at the moment so probably I cannot give you an answer
within the next 4 weeks but I will check that when I have time again!