logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jul 8 21:47:19 BST 2012

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a hard time getting the address search to work.
>
> I have split the area of Germany from the planet pbf file.
>
> Then I build the Garmin IMGs with this commandline:
>
> /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_24/bin/java -enableassertions -Xmx2048m -jar
> /data/gps/mkgmap-r2294/mkgmap.jar
>
> and this mkgmap config file:
>
> ###
> description=OSM_Germany_Alps
> country-name=Germany
> country-abbr=DE
> region-name=Germany
> region-abbr=DE
> name-tag-list="name:mkgmap,name:de,int_name,name:en,name"
> overview-mapname=OSM_Germany_Alps
> overview-mapnumber=10000000
> latin1
> reduce-point-density=4
> merge-lines=yes
> family-id=1331
> product-id=1
> series-name=OSM_SRTM_Germany_Alps
> family-name=OSM_Germany
> area-name=Germany
> style-file=/data/gps/mkgmap-style-toponew_test120611/
> tdbfile=no
> route=yes
> road-name-pois=0x640a
> add-pois-to-areas
> make-opposite-cycleways=yes
> remove-short-arcs
> adjust-turn-headings
> link-pois-to-ways
> bounds=/data/gps/boundary/bounds/
> location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest
> generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors,multipolygon,close-gaps=1000,floodblocker,fbgap=200,fbthres=20,fbratio=0.5
> mapname: 10000001
> input-file: 10000001.osm.gz
> ... [more mapname/description/input-file lines]
> ###
>
> The directory /data/gps/boundary/bounds/ contains the unzipped file
> http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/bounds_20120401.zip
>
> The "lines", "points" and "polygons" files in my style contain the top
> lines from the default style which set the location tags AFAIK.
>
> I make the mapsource files afterwards:
>
> ###
> description=OSM_SRTM_Germany
> country-name=Germany
> country-abbr=DE
> region-name=Germany
> region-abbr=DE
> name-tag-list="name:mkgmap,name:de,int_name,name:en,name"
> overview-mapname=OSM_SRTM_Germany
> overview-mapnumber=10000000
> latin1
> series-name=OSM_SRTM_Germany
> area-name=Test
> family-id=1331
> product-id=1
> family-name=OSM_Germany
> tdbfile=yes
> input-file: 10000001.img
> ... [more tile files]
> ###
>
> When I try the address search in mapsource I get this:
>
> City search for "Berlin":
> Berlin is found, but mapsource displays "Berlin, NOT_SET, DEU".
>
> When I search for a street in Berlin (say, Alexanderstrasse, I can see
> [...]

Hi Ralf,

I have a second idea after having a look at your mkgmap parameters.
Please try to run both mkgmap calls with tdbfile. I am not sure if the
tdbfile=no in the first run has an effect or not.

WanMil

P.S.: By the way: I recommend to use the precompiled sea data. This
compiles much quicker than the previous methods and the results
regarding flooding problems are much better.
You can enable it using the parameter
precomp-sea=<directory with precompiled sea tiles>
instead of generate-sea.
You can download the sea tile from
http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/sea_20120614.zip