logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jul 8 21:37:55 BST 2012

> On 06/14/2012 10:10 PM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 14, Ralf kleineisel wrote:
>>
>>> When I try the address search in mapsource I get this:
>>>
>>> City search for "Berlin":
>>> Berlin is found, but mapsource displays "Berlin, NOT_SET, DEU".
>>
>> Looks like somebody played with the admin boarder of Berlin :(
>>
>> I guess you need now:
>> mkgmap:country=DEU & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level4=Hamburg { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level4}' }
>> mkgmap:country=DEU & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level4=Berlin { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level4}' }
>
> This didn't help.
>
> To find the correct values I tried this:
>
> highway=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level2}' }
>
> as the first line in the "lines" file.
>
> This gives me "DEU, NOT_SET_, DEU" for a street in Berlin.
>
> Then I tried the same for all admin_level values from 3 up to 11. For
> all of them I get: "Not_set, NOT_SET_, DEU"
>
> Seems mkgmap doesn't find any bounds except the level2 one. How can I
> debug this a bit more?

Hi Ralf,

first of all you should have a look at the error messages in the mkgmap
log file. To get a logfile you have to configure the logging system as
described in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging
After the first tile has been processed maybe you see a message like
"LocationHook is disabled because ...". In this case there is a problem
with the bounds directory or files. Just post the error message and we
will see.

If you don't see such a message you might enable a brute force logging.
Add the line
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.LocationHook.results.level=FINE
to your logging.properties file and start mkgmap with a tile of Berlin
again. Your log file will contain the boundary assignments of all OSM
elements. This info is only the data of the bounds directory and not of
the is_in and neareast algorithm. But these two algorithms should not
play a big role in a well mapped region like Berlin.

Hopefully you get an idea what's wrong. If not post a small part of the
logfile so that I can have a look on it.

WanMil