logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap & house address search

From Dean Montgomery agape_logos at hotmail.com on Wed Jul 4 22:43:14 BST 2012

Does OpenStreetmap + mkgmap include house/building address search?  I've
tried both pre-compiled maps for both Mapsource and gmapsupp.img and
even built my own maps using:

java -jar mkgmap.jar --route --remove-short-arcs --add-pois-to-areas
--index --gmapsupp *.osm.pbf

The output maps work great on the GPS however I can not search for a
house street address: 928 Fraser Street, Kamloops BC

The house address seem to be missing on both on my GPS and inside
Mapsource on PC.  However I can find the address on the OpenStreetmap
online map website.