logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is this Multipolygon not working?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Jun 20 15:39:04 BST 2012

> On Wed, Jun 20, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>
>> ID: 194189
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.83739&lon=6.79958&zoom=17&layers=M
>>
>> The islands are multipolygon, role inner, but don't work.
>
> I'm not sure, but this multipolygon had some tags at the outer
> way and some on the multipolygon itself. This always creates trouble,
> so I moved them all to the multipolygon.
>
>    Thorsten

That's correct. mkgmap roughly uses the rules written in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multipolygon#Tagging
"If relation is not tagged, the drawing style of outer ways is used."

The mp did have the "name" tag before Thorsten corrected it, so the
relation was tagged and therefore the name tag only was used for the mp.

WanMil